Dimethyl Silicone Oil
Dimethyl silicone oil， also called Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS), is a colorless, odorless and non-toxi csilicone polymer.
Name: Silicone Oil. Other Names: Silicone Fluid, Simethicone, Dimethyl Silicone, SILICONE OIL DC200; POLYDIMETHYLSILOXANE;
Chemical Name: Dimethicone, Polydimethylsiloxane
CAS NO.: 63148-62-9 / 9006-65-9
- Stable chemical properties
- Excellent heat resistance
- High flash point
- Electrical insulation
- Water and moisture resistance
- Physiologically inertia
- Low surface tension
- Customized viscosity
- High compression resistance
- A low temperature coefficient
- The use temperature range is -50～+180℃
- Non-toxic effects on organisms (including humans)
- Viscosity from 0.65cs to 2000000cs (the viscosity remains constant over a wide temperature range.)
Typical Physical Data
Dimethyl silicone oil has been widely used in Building & Construction, Electrical & Electronics, transportation, textile finishing, health care, personal care, industrial process etc. Some of the main industries where Dimethyl silicone oil is commonly used include:
- Personal Care and Cosmetics: Dimethyl silicone oil is used in hair care products like shampoos and conditioners to provide shine and smoothness to the hair. It is also used in skin care products as a skin conditioning agent.
- Pharmaceuticals: Dimethyl silicone oil is used as a lubricant in the manufacturing of pharmaceuticals and medical devices. It is also used as an antifoaming agent in certain medications.
- Paints and Coatings: Dimethyl silicone oil is used in paints and coatings to improve flow and leveling properties.
- Textiles: Dimethyl silicone oil is used as a softener and water repellent in textiles to improve fabric properties.
- Automotive: Dimethyl silicone oil is used as a lubricant and antifoaming agent in automotive applications, such as in shock absorbers and brake systems.
- Construction and Building Materials: Dimethyl silicone oil is used as an additive in construction materials to improve water resistance and durability.
- Electronics: Dimethyl silicone oil is used as a heat transfer fluid in electronics to dissipate heat from electronic components.
- Mold Release Agent: Dimethyl silicone oil is used as a mold release agent in the manufacturing of various products, including rubber and plastic parts.
- Aerospace and Aviation: Dimethyl silicone oil is used as a lubricant and hydraulic fluid in aerospace and aviation applications.
Safety, Packaging, and Storage
1. Store in a cool and ventilated warehouse. Keep away from sparks and heat sources. The warehouse temperature should not exceed 30℃. The lighting, ventilation and other facilities in the storage room should be explosion-proof, and should be handled with care to prevent damage to packaging and containers.
2. Packaging available in 100KG and 200KG.
Interested in our Dimethyl silicone oil?
Get in contact with our team to learn more and find the right solution for you.